With the national lockdown restrictions set to ease and domestic travel plans already laid out by those looking to make the most of their summer staycations, THINKWARE, the world-leading dash cam manufacturer, has today announced the launch of its brand new T700 connected dash cam.
The Connected dash cam T700 has intelligent user accessibility at the forefront of its design with its brand new THINKWARE ‘Connected Service’ feature with connectivity enabled by the Vodafone Smart SIM. The new feature boasts a number of key capabilities including:
• Remote Live View: a feature that enables users to view real-time footage of their vehicles in both ‘continuous recording mode’ and ‘parking mode’ with a click of a button.
• Real-Time Parking Impact Video: a feature capable of detecting all forms of vehicle contact and relaying footage of incidents directly to users via notifications on the THINKWARE Connected app.
• Emergency Contact Messaging: In the event of an emergency due to an accident, the location and alarm information is automatically communicated via an SOS message or manually via the SOS button on the dash cam via SMS to the registered mobile emergency contact number.
• Vehicle Status & Driving History: a feature that monitors the vehicle’s motion status including vehicle battery voltage check. This also includes the monitoring of driving history with data analytics on driving behavior and travel history such as date, time, and distance of journeys. The camera can also be switched off remotely.
• Captured the Image of the Most Recent Parking location: in Parking Mode, this feature enables users to view vehicle location through the dash cam’s front and rear-view cameras at Full-HD quality.
• Remote Firmware Data Update: with this feature, users can conveniently upgrade and update their firmware and speed cam data remotely to enhance dash cam features and maintain optimal operation.
The Vodafone Smart SIM enables Connected Service updates to be received by users in over 90 countries with roaming included at no extra cost. The SIM is designed specifically for use in smart tech devices and can be used by all – you don’t need to be an existing Vodafone customer.
With the THINKWARE Connected Service, monitoring, downloading, and accessing recorded footage has never been easier through the dedicated Thinkware Connected app. The camera can also be managed locally via WiFi using the Thinkware Link app, to change camera settings, review and download footage as well as update the firmware and speed camera database.
Driver safety is also a big talking point for this new LTE dash cam with its all-new SOS reporting feature that enables drivers to record separate traffic accidents all with a click of a button. In addition to this, the T700 also boasts all-important road safety features that include a safety camera alert system, front vehicle departure warning and lane departure warning systems (FVDW/LDWS), a forward-collision warning system (FCWS), and a low-speed Forward collision warning system (low-speed FCWS), to ensure greater road safety for drivers.
As with other high-quality THINKWARE dash cams, the T700 also offers an expansive view of the road with 1080p full HD resolution and a wide 140-degree field of view front and rear. In addition to this, users can also benefit from the dash cam’s Super Night Vision feature that comes with real-time image signal processing (ISP) that enhances the brightness of nighttime parking footage. On the topic of parking, the T700 enables users to make the most of its feature-rich Parking Mode that includes, Motion and Impact Detection or time-lapse recording plus Energy Saving Parking Recording which reduces energy consumption by 60%.
Tim Sagar, THINKWARE’s Business Development Manager, said: “The dash cam market has been growing exponentially due in part to an increased awareness of the effectiveness of dash cams. As a market leader in this space, THINKWARE is continuing to push the boundaries of innovation with newer and smarter dash cam products. We are pleased to announce the launch of our new T700 LTE dash cam equipped with the all-new and intelligent ‘Connected Service’ features that enable users to access, monitor, and download footage from their dash cam conveniently and remotely via their smartphones. New features such as Real-Time Parking Impact Video and Remote Live View will provide drivers that much needed peace of mind when they are away from their vehicle. The T700 will be the basis upon which we will build our presence in the connected fleet market.”
The T700 connected dash cam is available throughout Europe, including Thinkware’s EU stores, Amazon, the RAC and a number of independent professional resellers, and is priced for a 1CH with a 16GB SD card at £269, and for a 2CH with a 32GB SD card £349.
For more information on the product,