THINKWARE, the world-leading dash cam manufacturer, has today announced the launch of its brand new 2K QHD resolution X1000 dash cam, featuring an array of high quality features including high quality front and rear 2K QHD (Quad High Definition) video recording, Super Night Vision 3.0, and an impressive 3.5” touch screen interface.
The secret of its success has been the quality of the camera. THINKWARE has set a new bar in the dash cam industry by pairing Sony’s IMX335 5.14MP STARVIS image sensor with an all-new proprietary lens design to produce a remarkable image quality no matter the time of the day.
The THINKWARE dash cam X1000 boasts several key capabilities including:
- 2K QHD Recording with Auto HDR: Capture flawless front and rear 2K QHD footage whether it’s night or day, thanks to the X1000’s 5.14MP Sony STARVIS IMX 335 image sensor enhanced with Ultra Night Vision & Auto HDR technology.
- Super Night Vision 3.0 with real DOL HDR: Record night drives with true colours and minimal noise thanks to THINKWARE’s latest advancements in low-light recording technology. The X1000 uses a combination of Digital Overlap High Dynamic Range (DOL HDR) and Noise Reduction technology to effectively reduce noise and lens flare effects that typically affect night-time footage.
- 156-degree Front & Rear Viewing Angles: Boasting an innovative custom lens design, the X1000’s focus has been tuned digitally to minimize distortion without compromising the 156-degree wide angle view, and a blue filter often found in premium smartphones has been incorporated to allow even more light to be absorbed by the image sensor, resulting in cleaner and sharper images.
- Front and Rear Recording Reimagined: Dewarping technology allows the X1000’s front and rear cameras to correct the fisheye wide angle lens effect to deliver an impeccable image of the road with minimal distortion, while the lens optimisation design takes into account the tilt and angle of the windshield/rear window to further enhance the overall image quality.
- Anti-File Corruption: Anti-File Corruption technology with Format Free 2.0 improves the reliability and extends the lifespan of your THINKWARE memory card by minimizing the risk of lost footage due to bad blocks and data corruption, thus also eliminating the need to regularly format the card.
- Parking Surveillance Mode: With hardwiring installation, enjoy parking protection against potential mishaps and hit-and-run incidents
: Motion Detection: Monitor and capture any motion around the vehicle for potential vandalism attempts.
: Impact Detection: Monitor any impact to the vehicle while it is parked to catch any hit-and-run driver in the act while you are away.
: Time Lapse photography: By reducing the recording frame rate from 30fps to 2fps, Time Lapse Parking Surveillance mode enables the dash cam to record up to 7 times more footage compared to regular motion and impact detection Parking Surveillance mode.
: Energy Saving Mode 2.0: By only providing minimal power to essential components while in Parking Surveillance mode, THINKWARE’s proprietary Energy Saving 2.0 technology sets the bar high among its competitors by enabling the X1000 to remain on standby for about 576 hours*, or 24 days, while the vehicle’s ignition is off (Based on THINKWARE’s BAB-50 4,500mAH External Battery).
: Radar accessory: The radar complements the energy saving mode, adding motion detection to the impact detection, so footage is captured prior to any impact, as well as after the event.
- HEVC file compression: This multiplies the recording time by 1.7 times compared to the MPEG4 format, which is helpful when recording scenic journeys.
The X1000 dashcam will be available exclusively through online retailers as THINKWARE look to expand the local online market when it comes to dashcams. THINKWARE will therefore offer the X1000 through its online presence, notably thinkwaredashcam.eu, its Amazon UK and EU seller channel and the RAC UK website, making the most of the increasing trend towards online sales.
Tim Sagar, THINKWARE’s Business Development Manager, said: “The dash cam market has been growing exponentially due in part to an increased awareness of the effectiveness of dash cams. As a market leader in this space, THINKWARE is continuing to push the boundaries of innovation with newer and smarter dash cam products. We are pleased to announce the launch of our new X1000 dash cam which provides outstanding video quality in all conditions. THINKWARE’s powerful parking mode is just as important to our customers and is now able to be unlocked by several installation options, our mobile installation service, two types of OBDII plug and play cables and the iVolt backup battery.
The X1000 dash cam is available throughout Europe through THINKWARE’s EU stores, Amazon and the RAC website and is available in a single combination of forward and rear facing cameras with a 32GB SD card at £259 in the UK and €299 in Europe.